News - Apply for the ECPMF's Journalists-in-Residence Programme
The ECPMF's Journalists-in Residence Programme provides a safe haven in Leipzig, a scholarship, health insurance and publicity for journalists who have come under pressure due to their work. Alternatively, it offers a scholarship to journalists and media freedom experts who contribute in an extraordinary way to media freedom in Europe.
If a submitted project is evaluated as essential, it is supported by the scholarship and the infrastructure of the ECPMF. For a successful application, the following conditions should be met:
- Proof must be provided that he or she is under pressure due to their research or publication.
- The applicant must have worked full-time and for at least five years as a journalist.
- The journalist should not be member of a political movement.
- They should speak proficient English and be able to represent their case in public.
- They should be willing to contribute to the work of the ECPMF during the residence.
- They must be able to return to their home country after the end of programme.
The application deadline is 22nd January 2016. Find more information and the application procedure here.