Google notifies media and information sites when an article is delinked from its search engine after a Right to be Forgotten request is approved. These notifications can reviewed, collected in a database, deleted or ignored. Which criteria does Google follow to accept or refuse a request?
A team of six reporters looked at the differences between countries and between Google Transparency report, controversies in delinked articles, future challenges of the Right to be forgotten and more.
The project is an ongoing initiative to collect data and report about issues related to the Right to be Forgotten, as well as to research more about its impact and processes.
- The Right To Be Forgotten Project Website
- Ce impact are asupra mass-media europeana „dreptul de a fi uitat”? Studiu de caz asupra relatiei Google – HotNews.ro, 10 March 2017
- Hogyan érinti az európai médiát a „felejtéshez való jog?” (HUN) - Atlatszo, 20th March 2017
- Opaco y burocrático: la realidad del derecho al olvido en la UE dos años y medio después (ES) - El Confidencial (Spain), 23rd November 2016
- Wenn Google vergessen muss: 33 STANDARD-Artikel betroffen (DE) - Der Standard (Austria), 23rd November 2016
- Eestlased tahavad end internetist kustutada (EST) - Eesti Ekspress, 7th December 2016