BRAKEN - The Belgian city Braken on the Dutch border, has 1.2 million chickens among its inhabitants. They divide the village: inhabitants are tired of the smell, fine dust and heavy transport in their village. In order to objectify the discussion, the local government ordered an air quality study.
ONLINE (in Dutch)
- Kempense kippenbonanza botst op grenzen, Apache, 14/10/2020.
- De omerta rond de kippenhinder, Apache, 14/10/2020.
- Stikstof: de onzichtbare vijand voor mens en milieu, Apache 14/10/2020.
- Wetenschappers bevestigen geurhinder in Noorderkempen, Apache, 14/10/2020.
- De explosieve groei van kippenstallen in Wuustwezel, Apache, 14/10/2020.
- De kip legt gouden eieren in Vlaanderen, Apache.be, 14/10/2020.
need resources for your own investigative story?
Journalismfund Europe's flexible grants programmes enable journalists to produce relevant public interest stories with a European mind-set from international, national, and regional perspectives.
support independent cross-border investigative journalism
We rely on your support to continue the work that we do. Make a gift of any amount today.