BUDAPEST - In our project, we’ve discovered how businessmen related to the Hungarian prime minister Viktor Orbán were buying up media outlets in Slovenia.
These outlets are partly owned by the Slovenian far-right party SDS, led by Janez Janša. We’ve shown that the now partly Hungarian owned outlets are working just like the Hungarian government's propaganda outlets. We’ve discovered that Hungarians were not only buying media in Slovenia but giving advice and possibly financial support as well to SDS during the electoral campaign.
We’ve shown that the now partly Hungarian owned outlets are working just like the Hungarian government's propaganda outlets. We’ve discovered that Hungarians were not only buying media in Slovenia but giving advice and possibly financial support as well to SDS during the electoral campaign.
We’ve discovered that the very same Hungarians were buying up media outlets in Macedonia as well. These Macedonian outlets were linked to the nationalist VMRO-DPMNE party, led by Nikola Gruevszki. We were investigating the possible Russian interference behind these deals.
Besides the investigations, we have made several interviews with local experts and politicians, which were also published.
- Barátom, Janša - Magyar Narancs, 22 March 2018
- Érkezik a Ripost Szlovéniába - Magyar Narancs, 22 March 2018
- Szlovenia_MaNcs_2018-03-22 - Magyar Narancs, 22 March 2018
- A NER médiagépezetének Szlovéniára is jut pénze és figyelme - Index, 22 March 2018
- Habony Árpádék a magyaros korrupciót is exportálták a lappal. - hvg.hu, 22 March 2018
- 445 millió forint ment Orbán környezetéből a szlovén médiába - 24.hu, 22 March 2018
- Barátom, Gruevszki - Magyar Narancs, 20 May 2018
- „A börtönben voltam a legszabadabb” - Gyorgyi Lazarevszki, a macedón titkosszolgálat volt munkatársa - Magyar Narancs, 22 May 2018
- Három elkötelezett titkosszolga magánakciója döntötte meg a korrupt macedón rezsimet - Index.hu, 31 May 2018
- Három titkosszolga akciójába bukott bele Orbán szövetségese - 24.hu, 31 May 2018
- Mladina April- Mladina, 6 April 2018
- Macedonia_MaNcs_2018-05-17 - Magyar Narancs, 17 March 2018
- Lazarevszki_MaNcs_2018-05-31 - Magyar Narancs, 31 May 2018
- Simon Mladina - Mladina, 13 April 2018
- "Demokracijo lahko uporabis tudi za to, da bi jo unicil"- Mladina, 29 June 2018
- Denko Maleski in Mladina - Mladina, 18 May 2018
- Проверено Еп.14 Орбан во пропагандна офанзива во Македонија - TV24, 15 May 2018
Help us support in-depth and independent journalism.
We rely on your support to continue the work that we do. Journalismfund.eu stimulates cross-border journalism by giving journalists the money they need to do their research, by providing networking opportunities, by sharing knowledge and spreading tips.
Help us support journalism that serves the public interest, furthers accountability
as well as transparency and contributes to critical thinking and well-informed debate.
Help Journalismfund.eu support journalism that matters!
Make a gift of any amount today.