BUCHAREST - The South East Europe Media Organisation (SEEMO) published a 'Safety Net Manual - Guidelines for Journalists in Extraordinary or Emergency Situations'.
The manual is published within the EU-funded project ‘Safety Net for European Journalists‘, with which the European transnational partnership coordinated by Italian think tank Osservatorio Balcani e Caucaso has dedicated the year 2014 to studying the state of press freedom in Italy, South East Europe and Turkey.
Among the many actions, the partners
- fostered knowledge-sharing within a very fragmented media freedom community,
- monitored, documented and reported on violations of press freedom in 11 European countries,
- crowdsourced and mapped hundreds of media freedom violations across Europe online,
- offered concrete support to threatened reporters and media professionals, and
- raised public awareness about a problem that is shared from east to west.
Download the English manual here.