Sisters Katrijn and Goele Geeraert traveled through the Democratic Republic of the Congo for two months and met different youngsters. They want to get to know the youth of Congo better and give an illustration of the life of Congolese youngsters today through those meetings.
One main question is at the basis of this project: we know so much about Congo's past through the tales and testimonies of older generations, but we seldom look forward together with the biggest segment of the Congolese people, the youth of today.
Katrijn and Goele's reportages are published on the MO* MO* wereldblog.
- Ça chauffe à Kinshasa! (MO*, 25th January 2015)
- Wat is vrijheid in Congo? (MO*, 25th January 2015)
- Over wetten en accreditaties (MO*, 25th January 2015)
- Van Brussel naar Kinshasa (MO*, 25th January 2015)
- Van Kinshasa naar de evenaar (MO*, 4th February 2015)
- Een fietser uit het evenaarswoud (MO*, 5th February 2015)
- Over watergeesten en vissersdromen (MO*, 10th February 2015)
- Kafka in Katanga (MO*, 23rd February 2015)
need resources for your own investigative story?
Journalismfund.eu’s flexible grants programmes enable journalists to produce relevant public interest stories with a European mind-set from international, national, and regional perspectives.
support independent cross-border investigative journalism
We rely on your support to continue the work that we do. Make a gift of any amount today.