SKOPJE - Journalismfund Europe is supporting SCOOP Macedonia in this project aimed at raising awareness about pollution through investigative and data journalism.
This project is raising awareness about pollution through investigative and data journalism. To achieve this, SCOOP is implementing two types of activities:
1. Producing investigative stories by its team and by funding freelancers or other media professionals;
2. Training the journalists on how to report and investigate environmental corruption and organized crime;
3. Bringing EU practices into the country.
About the organisation
SCOOP Macedonia is an NGO established in 2011. Its' focus is on supporting investigative journalism, training, journalists, education and using investigative journalistic forms as a tool for fighting corruption, improving the transparency of institutions and by that contributing towards better democratization of society. The result of this is better-informed citizens and improved people's lives.
- Broad consensus on polution in Kocani: profit is more important than health, scoop.mk, (20/09/2022);
- Skopje breaks records in pollution, economic heating at the price of polluted air, scoop.mk (05/10/2022).
need resources for your own investigative story?
Journalismfund Europe's flexible grants programmes enable journalists to produce relevant public interest stories with a European mind-set from international, national, and regional perspectives.
support independent cross-border investigative journalism
We rely on your support to continue the work that we do. Make a gift of any amount today.