MINSK - Belarusian goods are attacking Europe despite the bans of Brussels.
Forty-four episodes of violation of sanctions were revealed only by Polish regulators and recently handed over the verification materials to the prosecutor's office. Meanwhile, together with investigative journalists from different countries, we continue to identify new shadow players in the Belarusian wood business under sanctions. In this article we will talk about new companies with Belarusian beneficiaries, and about state-owned Belarusian enterprises that supply plywood to Europe through their branches and representative offices.
Evidence of millions of turnover, Belarusian officials with a criminal past and an international network to circumvent sanctions are presented in the materials of this investigation.
- Bypassing the sanctions. Belarusian wood enters the EU under sham papers - BIC 20 December 2022
- An Asian route to Europe. Belarus never stopped selling sanctioned plywood and pellets to the EU - BIC 03 April 2023
- У Еўропу праз Азію. Як Беларусь па-ранейшаму прадае санкцыйную фанеру і пялеты ў ЕЗ - BIC 03 April 2023
- В Европу через Азию. Как Беларусь по-прежнему продает санкционную фанеру и пеллеты в ЕС - BIC 03 April 2023
- YouTube: Faniera. Tarptautinis žurnalistinis tyrimas - Siena tiriamosios žurnalistikos centras 05 April 2023
- Galimo sankcijų apėjimo schemose – didelės įmonės ir Instagramo žvaigždės - Siena 06 April 2023
- Po „Sienos“ tyrimo tarnybų akiratyje atsidūrė daugiau nei 90 įmonių - Siena 11 April 2023
- Lithuanian Prosecutors to Probe 9 Companies for Violating EU Sanctions - OCCRP 29 MAY 2023
need resources for your own investigative story?
Journalismfund Europe's flexible grants programmes enable journalists to produce relevant public interest stories with a European mind-set from international, national, and regional perspectives.
support independent cross-border investigative journalism
We rely on your support to continue the work that we do. Make a gift of any amount today.