BELGIUM - The share of the pharmaceutical sector in the Belgian economy is large. According to the organization pharma.be in 2017, the sector employed 35,711 people and our country exported for a total value of 40.5 billion euros of medicines and vaccines worldwide, which is about 10% of Belgian exports.
While in many sectors sustainability, transparency and a social reflex are more and more explicitly defined as an objective, it was difficult to find vision statements about a social, transparent or ecological pharma of the future in Belgium. This series is the result of a study of 'best practices' from abroad about social and transparent pharma.
- “Biohackers jagen op ‘insuline voor iedereen’, De Standaard, 02/11/2018. (in Dutch)
- "Op zoek naar middel tegen malaria", De Standaard, 03/11/2018. (in Dutch)
- Biohackers jagen op 'insuline voor iedereen', Standaard.be, 02/11/2018. (in Dutch)
- 'Wij zoeken wat voor big farma niet rendabel is', Standaard.be, 03/11/2018. (in Dutch)
- Ontwikkeling onmisbaar medicijn tegen ebola geen prioriteit voor grootste farmabedrijven ,Mo.be, 28/12/2018. (in Dutch)
need resources for your own investigative story?
Journalismfund.eu’s flexible grants programmes enable journalists to produce relevant public interest stories with a European mind-set from international, national, and regional perspectives.
support independent cross-border investigative journalism
We rely on your support to continue the work that we do. Make a gift of any amount today.