BRUSSELS - With its Earth Investigations Programme, Journalismfund.eu will substantially enhance cross-border environmental investigative journalism by supporting journalists, newsrooms and organisations. In order to further develop and implement this project, Journalismfund.eu vzw is looking for a full-time Audience Engagement - Impact Manager.
Journalismfund.eu vzw is a Brussels-based independent non-profit organisation incorporated by citizens in 1998. The organisation is dedicated to advancing independent cross-border investigative journalism by connecting donors and journalists in order to promote democracy in Europe. It ultimately serves the public interest, furthers accountability as well as transparency, and contributes to critical thinking and well-informed debate.
The Audience Engagement - Impact Manager will be a key player within the organisation who will ensure the development and the successful implementation of the audience engagement, impact strategy, framework and methodology. The Manager will focus on implementing the strategy set-forth to which dissemination activities can be created to generate further impact as a result of the published stories through the projects supported by Journalismfund.eu, as well as supporting investigative environmental teams working towards identifying policy issues at the onset. This activity safeguards environmental investigative journalism, which aims to generate the maximum possible impact that could, therefore, contribute to environmental changes in society. One of the main roles of the Audience Engagement - Impact manager will be to connect various players and parties that make up the European investigative media and environmental policy spheres, building up on already existing structures and networks.
The impact component will have to be integrated in the communication strategy of the Earth Investigations Programme.
The Audience Engagement - Impact Manager reports to the managing director of Journalismfund.eu vzw and will work closely with the other project coordinators and financial management of the organisation .
- Assess evidence of the impact;
- Advice the selected teams and newsrooms on how they can develop a powerful publication and impact strategy;
- Managing and developing relationships with a range of stakeholders;
- Identification and cooperation with suitable partners;
- Participate in network events on a European level;
- Assist in the drafting of narrative reports in accordance with the donor’s instructions;
- Participate in Journalismfund.eu’s communication with regard to the project’s activities and published investigations;
- Provide back-up support to other team members as required;
- Prepare summaries and briefing materials on the project activities at the request of the managing director;
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have relevant work experience in audience engagement and impact as well as project management, and is hands-on and able to work autonomously. Strong attention to details is required, including the ability to prioritise work demands and assignments.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent English language oral and written skills and the ability to synthesise and summarise quantitative and qualitative data in a structured and consistent way.
- Strong relationship-building skills at a range of levels.
- Minimum four years of experience of evaluation or identifying impact and a proven interest of knowledge of media;
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including experience with database development and data analysis, and a clear understanding of the importance of data quality and management and its importance to analysis and assessment;
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Good knowledge of social media networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn;
- Team player with excellent project and time management skills. Able to work effectively in a dynamic team environment (working both independently and as part of a small team).
- Belgian resident and eligible to work in Belgium;
- A master’s degree in a relevant field is preferred;
- A strong interest in journalism and environmental issues; insight into investigative journalistic methods is a plus;
- Experience with audience engagement strategies is a plus.
- Full-time position (38 hours/week). One-year term with possibility of renewal.
- An interesting salary and benefits package (a gross salary between € 33,000 to € 44,000 annually, depending on the level of experience, meal tickets, eco-cheques, telework compensation, group insurance).
- Remote working (3 days per week).
- Offices located in Brussels (Belgium).
Send your CV and a statement of motivation in English as well as the contact details of at least two references to ides.debruyne [at] journalismfund.eu with “Audience Engagement – Impact Manager – Earth Investigations Programme <name>” in the subject line. The applications should be submitted on 10 October 2022 at 12 pm (noon) CET at the latest.
Starting date: as soon as possible.
Journalismfund.eu is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.