BRUSSELS - Let us walk you through your application to increase your chances of getting funded.
We understand the stress that comes when submitting a funding application for your next project. Journalismfund Europe offers individual pre-application meetings with all journalists interested in applying to any of our grant programmes (e.g., European Cross Border Grants, Professional Development Grants for Environmental Journalism, SoJo Europe, European Local Cross-border grants, Environmental Investigative Journalism, Pascal Decroos Fund & FPD Low Countries). Talk to our project coordinators and dispel your doubts during these sessions.
The process can be overwhelming but we are here to help you. Book your pre-application session with the project coordinator assigned to the grant programme you are interested in based on the dates available. In this 30-minute meeting, we will discuss your proposal, ideas and any questions that you might have to help you move forward with your application. This is a perfect opportunity for interested journalists to pitch their story idea and discuss whether it is eligible for a grant. If you also need to find a teammate to develop your cross-border investigation we want to assist you find the right one.
Make the most of your call by checking out our helpful tips for each grant beforehand.
Find below the FAQ for each grant programme.
- European Cross-border Grants - FAQ
- Eurpean Local Cross-border Grants - FAQ
- Environmental Investigative Journalism - FAQ
- Professional Development Grants for Environmental Journalism - FAQ
- SoJo Europe - FAQ
How to book?
Per grant programme
- Book your pre-application session for European Cross-border Grants HERE;
- Book your pre-application session for Environmental Investigative Journalism HERE;
- Book your pre-application session for Professional Development Grants for Environmental Journalism HERE;
- Book your pre-application session for SoJo Europe HERE;
- Book your pre-application session for the Pascal Decroos Fund and FPD Low Countries HERE.
- Book your pre-application session in English HERE;
- Séance d'information en français French HERE;
- Reuniones de pre-aplicación Español HERE;
- Pre-applicatie meeting Nederlands Dutch HERE.
- Prenota la sessione di pre-applicazione in Italiano HERE.
Please note: although we may examine your application formally and possibly suggest improvements, this does not, in any way, guarantee a positive evaluation of your application. That decision is made in complete independence by the jury.