Each of Journalismfund.eu's grant programmes has a separate jury, that usually consists of four rotating members. The jurors are experienced personalities knowledgeable in the field of investigative journalism and media.
- The jury decides independently about the granting of the submitted project proposals, based on the assessment criteria and the available budget predetermined by Journalismfund.eu.
- The jury members remain anonymous until they leave the jury. This is to safeguard both the independence of the jury process and the confidentiality of the investigations. After their mandate is finished, the names of the jury members are made public by Journalismfund.eu.
- The jury members are chosen by Journalismfund.eu, without involvement of donors or any other parties. Jury members are selected from a longlist that is approved by Journalismfund.eu’s board. This means that only selected staff members of Journalismfund.eu know who are the jury members.
- Both Journalismfund.eu and the jury are bound to strict confidentiality – before, during and after evaluation of the proposals.
- Jury members are bound to Journalismfund.eu's strict conflict of interest policy, which is designed to assure the highest standards in terms of ethical conduct and to ensure the independence and objectivity of decision making.
Below you can find an overview of all former Journalismfund.eu jury members: