Local Cross-Border Journalism Grant Programme is organising pre-application meeting to help eligible professional journalists with their applications and proposals.
Local Cross-Border Journalism Grant Programme is organising pre-application meeting to help eligible professional journalists with their applications and proposals. As the deadline for the first call looms, we are offering advice and assistance to journalists interested in applying in this grant programme.
Our Project Coordinator, Ronald Tipan, will be available via Skype on 23, 29 & 30 June 2022, between 10:00 and 17:00 CEST, for a 30 minute meeting to discuss your proposal, ideas and any questions that you might have to help you move forward with your application. This is a perfect opportunity for interested investigative journalists to pitch their story ideas, strengthen its application, and confirm its eligibility for the grant.
To arrange a half-hour session, please click here or scan the QR-code above.
Please note that all times are Brussels time.
The first deadline for the Local Cross-Border Journalism Grant Programme is 07 July 2022, 12:00 CEST. The remaining deadlines are as follow: (future pre-application meetings are planned)
- 2nd Deadline = 08 September 2022
- 3rd Deadline = 10 November 2022
- 4th Deadline = 12 January 2023
- 5th Deadline = 16 March 2023
- 6th Deadline = 25 May 2023
We are expecting a good amount of compelling and interesting applications for this round. Make a reservation now. Juries are looking for well-prepared applications and we want to help you get the chance to be selected.
Your application should fulfil these basic requirements:
- Be a legal resident of the eligible countries. Click here for more info.
- At least 2 professional investigative journalists or media outlets from 2 different eligible countries.
- The story has to have a local angle to it and related to Europe.
- Two Letters of Intent from recognized European media organisations.
- Only natural persons are eligible.
For more information: check out our FAQ page.
Please note: although we may examine your application formally and possibly suggest improvements, this does not, in any way, guarantee a positive evaluation of your application. That decision is made in complete independence by the jury.