The Calabrian mafia ‘Ndrangheta's primary source of money is cocaine. How do they traffic the drug from South America to Europe and Africa leaving virtually no trace?
The first chapter is an investigation into Nicola Assisi, one of the most important cocaine brokers of our time and surely one of the most precious brokers to the ‘Ndrangheta'.
An investigation involving nine countries and twelve journalists, by IRPI and CORRECT!V with the support of Journalismfund.eu's Flanders Connects Continents grant programme.
This project was funded through Journalismfund.eu's Flanders Connects Continents grant programme.
- Catch me if you can (EN) - CORRECT!V (Germany), 14 August 2016
- La ruta de la droga que compraba en Sudamérica el italiano Nicola Assisi (ES) - Convoca (Peru), 15 August 2016
- Atrápame si puedes (ES) - ABC (Spain), 15 August 2016
- The ‘ndrangheta’s Dutch flower power (ENG) - CORRECT!V (Germany), 27 March 2017
- Maffia nog steeds actief op bloemenveiling (NL) - ad.nl (The Netherlands) 28 March 2017
- For Love or Money: An ‘Ndrangheta Daughter on West Africa’s Cocaine Trail - OCCRP, 13 November 2017
- The girl in Abidjan - Correct!v, 13 November 2017
- ‘Ndrangheta, dall’Africa al Belgio il business europeo della cocaina è controllato da un paesino della Calabria - Il Fatto Quotidiano, 14 November 2017
- Hoe de Italiaanse maffia via de haven van Antwerpen nieuwe drugslijnen uitzet - Het Nieuwsblad (Belgium) - 15 November 2017
- Storia di Nicola Assisi, il narcos calabrese che riempie l’Italia di coca (IT) - L'Espresso (Italy), 18 August 2016