- The Flemish Dissertation Award – www.scriptieprijs.be
- The Flemish Dissertation database www.scriptiebank.be
- The Flemish PhD-cup – www.phdcup.be
- Science Figured Out – www.sciencefiguredout.be
For a decade (2007-2017) Ides was affiliated with Ghent University (Faculty of Political and Social Science) as a teaching assistant teaching basic social media skills and data journalism.
Ides was a board member of PEN Vlaanderen from 2013 until 2017.
Between 2014 and 2018, he was a member of the Assessment Committee (documentary series) of Flanders Audiovisual Fund.
Publications / Articles
- ‘Kan de klokkenluider nog steeds bij de media aankloppen?’ in: “Orde van de dag” #72, dec. 2015, Wolters Kluwer, Mechelen
- ‘Der emanzipierte Journalist und die EU’ (übersetzt von Martin Fiedler) in Thomas Mayer (Hrsg.), Nun sag, wie hast du’s mit… - Essays prominenter Journalisten zu grossen Kontroversen der Gegenwart – Evangelische Verlagsantstalt – Leipzig, 2015
- Ides Debruyne is a co-editor of the VVOJ-yearbook that gives an overview of interesting investigative projects in the Low Countries (2004-2014).
- Ides Debruyne was de project manager of the European study "Deterrence of fraude with EU funds trough investigative journalism in EU-27" published in 2012.
- Tomorrow's journalist is an emancipated journalist. (Journalismfund.eu - 10 October 2010)
- De journalist van de toekomst is een geëmancipeerde journalist. (De Nieuwe Reporter - 15 October 2010)
In 2013 he and his former colleague Brigitte Alfter won the ‘Prize for the Freedom and Future of Media. (Germany - Leipzig
Ides Debruyne studied visual arts (painting) at Luca, School of Art in Ghent (Belgium).
Contact: ides.debruyne [at] journalismfund.eu or +32 2 705 59 19